Preparation time: 20 Min.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- When cooled, add the mince, ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce, egg , breadcrumbs and seasoning.
- Mix everything using clean hands.
- Divide the mix into four equal pieces. Shape each one into a fat burger.
- Transfer the burgers to a tray, cover with cling film and refrigerate for one hour. Remove and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Cook the burgers on the barbecue over a medium to high heat for 5-7 minutes per side until completely cooked through.
- In the last minute of cooking, place a slice of cheese on top of each burger and lightly toast the buns.
Serve with your preferred toppings.
QUICK TWIST Mix up the sauces to suit your taste! Up the mustard for a funkier fix, add more ketchup for sweetness or even try a squirt of mayo to keep your burger juicy.