|4 fillets fillet||Rib Eye Steak Rib Eye Steak|
|4 tsp tsp||Olive Oil Olive Oil|
|1 handfuls handful||Thyme Thyme|
|2 cloves clove||Garlic Garlic|
|100 ml ml||White Wine Vinegar White Wine Vinegar|
|1 bunch bunch||Basil Leaves Basil Leaf|
|2 pieces piece||Egg Yolks Egg Yolk|
|250 g g||Butter Butter|
|1 pieces piece||Lemon Lemon|
|(juiced and squeezed)|
Rib-Eye Steaks with Basil and Lemon Hollandaise
1. Begin byrubbing the steaks with olive oil, crushed garlic, thyme and a little seasoning.
2. Leave out your steaks at room temperature for 15 minutes, until you make your sauce.
3. Place vinegar and basil stalks into a small pan and bring to the boil and allow it to reduceuntil about three tablespoons and strain.
4. Put the egg yolks into a bowl and add one tablespoon of water. Add the reduction of vinegar and place the bowl over a simmering pot of water and whisk until light and frothy.
5. Take the bowl off the heat and slowly add the melted butter and keep whisking until the sauce is nice and thick.
6. Finish with seasoning, lemon and chopped basil leaves.
7. Place the steaks into a hot pan and cook for two minutes on each side or grill.
8. Remove from heat and serve with my homemade basil hollandaise sauce.
Tip:you can also use tarragon instead of basil.