For the ragu:
|2 tbsp tbsp||Extra Virgin Olive Oil Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 kg kg||Rib Of Beef Rib Of Beef|
|2 pieces piece||Pork Sausages Pork Sausage|
|chopped into chunks 1 onion, finely chopped|
|1 pieces piece||Carrots Carrot|
|1 sprigs sprig||Thyme Thyme|
|150 ml ml||Red Wine Red Wine|
|2 tins tin||Chopped Tomatoes Chopped Tomatoes|
|4 tbsp tbsp||Tomato Paste Tomato Paste|
|500 ml ml||beef stock cubes beef stock cubes|
|200 ml ml||Milk Milk|
|1 handfuls handful||Parmesan Parmesan|
|1 pieces piece||Baguettes Baguette|
|1 handfuls handful||Parsley Parsley|
|500 g g||Tagliatelle Tagliatelle|
Slow Braised Beef Ragu
- Heat a large heavy based casserole pan over a medium high heat. Add the oil, cut the beef in half, season well, then add the beef and brown on all sides. This will take about 10 minutes. Add the sausage to this and cook for another 4-5 minutes until they’ve a little colour. Reduce the heat.
- Add the onion, carrot and thyme. Sauté for 5 minutes until softened a little, without colour.
- Stir in the red wine, tomatoes, tomato paste, stock and milk.
- Put on a lid and leave to simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. In the last 30 minutes of cooking, remove the lid. This allows the sauce to reduce and thicken.
- When the time is up, remove the bone and shred the meat apart.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt well. Add the pasta and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir the pasta through the ragu and then divide between bowls. Top with the cheese and parsley and served with demi baguette.