|40 ml ml||Rapeseed Oil Rapeseed Oil|
|500 g g||Beef Mince Beef Mince|
|120 g g|| Onions
|100 g g|| Mushrooms
|2 cloves clove|| Garlic
|125 ml ml|| Red Wine
|2 g g||Paprika Paprika|
|5 g g||Dried italian herbs Dried italian herbs|
|3 tbsp tbsp||Tomato Puree Tomato Puree|
|400 ml ml|| beef stock cubes
beef stock cubes|
Creamy Cheese Topping
|300 ml ml||Double Cream Double Cream|
|100 g g|| Parmesan
|250 g g||Ricotta Cheese Ricotta Cheese|
|100 g g|| Mozzarella Cheese
|1 tsp tsp|| Parsley
(fresh, finely chopped)
Low Carb Irish Beef Lasagna with Creamy Cheese Topping
Kitchen Tip! A mixture of aubergines and courgettes, govery together and gives good colour when sliced. Greatserved with Garlic Cloud Bread and a Seasonal LeafSalad.
1. Topping: Mix all ingredients together and season withsalt and coarse black pepper, set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 200℃.
3. Slice the aubergines, lengthways and season with salt.Allow to stand for 15 minutes, before lightly rinsingwith water, pat dry. Put in a single layer on a greasedbaking tray and lightly roast in the oven for 15 minutes(soft but firm). Set aside until ready to use.
4. Slice the courgettes, lengthways and set aside. (Canbe blanched and refreshed to keep bright colour, butoptional)
5. In a deep frying pan or pot, add the butter, onions,mushrooms, garlic and bacon and fry until onionshave softened.
6. Add the mince and cook well until browned, keepstirring to keep the mince separate so it doesn’tclump together.
7. Add the wine, stock, puree, spices and herbs then mixwell. Increase the temperature, and allow to simmer.Uncover for 20 to 25 minutes or until the mince liquidhas reduced by half and is a thick meaty sauce. Adjustthe seasoning with salt and pepper.
8. Grease a lasagne dish with butter. Add a layer ofmince at the bottom and then top with a layer ofaubergines. Put a few dollops of the cheese mixtureover the aubergines and then top with another layerof mince. Even it out and then top with a layer ofcourgettes. Take the rest of the cheese mixture andspread all over the top of the aubergines.
9. Bake in the oven for 25 Minutes, until it is bubblingand golden. Best to leave it to stand afterwards for 15minutes to settle before serving.