|2 bags bag|| Seeds
(pumpkin & sunflower)
|1 tsp tsp||Cinnamon Cinnamon|
|4 tbsp tbsp||Honey Honey|
|1 bags bag||Cashew Nuts Cashew Nuts|
|1 bags bag|| Dry fruits
(mixed fruit (350g))
|1 bags bag||Walnuts Walnut|
|1 bags bag||Brazil nuts Brazil nuts|
|50 g g||Coconut Oil Coconut Oil|
The O'Connor Family - Nutola Granola
A version of granola that I make but without oats, high protein from the seeds and nuts, two ingredients that Lidl are just great for. t turns out that Nutola is highly addictive and totally delicious, it takes a bit of effort to make it so make a decent sized batch and you’ll be sorted for a couple of weeks. You can keep this as a tub of snack food in your bag, sprinkle it on yogurt or other cereals, have it in some milk, any way at all. It’s a life-saver to stop you eating sugary junk snacks. Other people will taste this and then demand that you make it for them. Cayenne pepper might seem a bit bizzare, I added it firstly out of curiosity as I don’t like things that are really sweet and it gives just enough of a curious kick.
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- In a small pot melt the oil, honey and spices together
- Using a large chopping board and a large knife or cleaver, roughly chop the nuts into chunky pieces. If you come up with a way to do this that doesn’t result in nuts flying all over the kitchen, please let me know. Go slowly, you make less mess.
- Tip the chopped nuts and the seeds into a large roasting tray, min 30 x 20cm and mix them around
- Pour over the oil and honey mixture and mix it all around using two spoons or your hands until everything is coated
- Pop the tray into the centre of the oven and cook for 20 minutes, take the tray out and stir everything around, put it back in. Do this again in 20 minutes and then take the tray out after a total or 50-60 minutes. It can burn very easily and it doesn’t taste good when this happens so no sneaking off to watch Fair City.
- When you take the tray out of the oven tip everything into a large bowl, if you leave it to cool in the tray it will all stick to the bottom of the tray and your life will be hell.
- While the mix is cooling give it the odd stir to shake it up and stop huge clusters forming.
- Add in the fruit and mix it all around again, et voila, your Nutola is ready. It keeps well in a sealed container for a few weeks