|500 g g||Flour Flour|
|42 g g||Fresh Yeast Fresh Yeast|
|100 g g||Sugar Sugar|
|225 ml ml||Milk Milk|
|250 g g||Butter Butter|
|75 g g|| Pecan Nuts
|50 g g||Almonds Almond|
|50 g g|| Dry fruits
|50 g g||Sultanas Sultanas|
|1 dash dash||Vanilla Extract Vanilla Extract|
|1 pinches pinch||Salt Salt|
|1 pieces piece||Eggs Egg|
|2 tbsp tbsp||Icing Sugar Icing Sugar|
Stollen Diamonds Cakes
- Place the flour in a bowl and stir in the yeast and add 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Add 50ml of warm milk and gently mix with the yeast.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Melt 200g of butter with the milk, allow to cool slightly.
- Chop the pecans and almonds coarsely, mix with fruit mix and sultanas.
- Add 75g of sugar, vanilla essence, salt, egg and butter mixture to the flour and knead everything smoothly.
- Add nut-fruit mixture and briefly knead.
- Cover the pastry in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Cover the base and rim of a baking tray with baking paper (20 x 30 cm).
- Roll the pastry into a rectangle shape, place in the baking tray and allow to sit for a further 30 minutes.
- Bake for 15-20 min in a pre-heated oven at 200°c.
- Remove and allow to cool briefly.
- Melt the remaining butter, spread over the top of the cake and sprinkle with sugar.
- Allow time to cool down.
- Cut into roughly 20 diamonds and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Best served warm and straight after baking