|1 large large|| Butternut Squash
(seeded, peeled, and cut into 1” cubes)
|1 large large|| Onions
(peeled and roughly chopped)
|1 tbsp tbsp||Olive Oil Olive Oil|
|8 stalk stalk|| Thyme
|0 cups cup|| Pecan Nuts
(Roasted Pecan Pieces)
|0 cups cup|| Chorizo
|100 g g|| Blue Cheese
|4 slices slice||Camemebert Camemebert|
|tsp tsp||Chilli Flakes Chilli Flakes|
Warm Brown Sugar Vinaigrette:
|tsp tsp||Olive Oil Olive Oil|
|1 tsp tsp||Balsamic Vinegar Balsamic Vinegar|
|0 cups cup||Brown Sugar Brown Sugar|
|1 tsp tsp||Mustard Mustard|
|2 tbsp tbsp|| Shallots
|0 tsp tsp||Salt Salt|
|0 tsp tsp||Pepper Pepper|
Roasted Butternut Squash and Chorizo with Blue Cheese and Brown Sugar Dressing
- Put butternut squash and onion into a medium heat frying pan with the olive oil and strip 4 stalks of thyme of their leaves, to cook with the squash.
- Fry, tossing gently every few minutes until sides of squash cubs are browned, and the squash is tender, and the onion is translucent.
- While the squash is cooking, combine all dressing all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat gently until sugar is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the squash, onion, and chorizo to a bowl and scatter over the pecans. Crumble over the blue cheese and toss everything together gently.
- When serving (make sure it’s warm!), place a strip of camembert on top of serving to melt as a garnish with additional stalks of fresh thyme, and sprinkle chilli flakes to taste.