|2 fillets fillet||Trout Trout|
|6 pieces piece|| Potato
|1 knob knob||Butter Butter|
|1 bunch bunch||Asparagus Asparagus|
|1 bunch bunch||Dill Dill|
|1 pieces piece|| Lemon
Rainbow Trout with Spuds and Dill
- Place the new potatoes in a saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of butter in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add the fish, skin side down, and fry for 5 minutes. Carefully turn over (the skin should be nice and crispy) and fry on the other side for 5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same buttery pan, fry your asparagus for 5 minutes, or until they've turned a vibrant green colour. You still want them to be a little al dente.
- Finely chop a handful of fresh dill and add about a tablespoon of it to the tub of Crème fraiche. Dill is a delicious but potent herb so a little discretion is advised.
- Serve the rainbow trout with the boiled potatoes and asparagus spears, with a dollop of your dill Crème fraiche on the side.