|2 tbsp tbsp||Butter Butter|
|20 g g|| Ginger
|1 litres litre||Stock Stock|
|3 cloves clove|| Garlic
Pumpkin and ginger soup
- Preheat you oven.
- Get 4 small pumpkins, cut off each lid, remove the seeds and remove the fruit to about a 0.5 cm on the sides. It is for decorative purposes to use the pumpkins as bowls. This is completely optional.
- Chop up the fruit of the pumpkin into chunky pieces.
- Peel the onion and the ginger and chop finely.
- Place the pumpkin, ginger and garlic on the pan and fry until the pumpkin is soft (for around 10-12 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Puree mixture in a blender or food processor with 2 cups (500ml) stock, then season.
- Strain if preferred.
- Heat the soup with 500ml of stock and heat up.
- Serve in our pumpkin bowls and top with seeds and a drizzle of cream.
- It is a nice idea to roast some of the pumpkin seeds with olive oil for topping off the soup dish.
Tips: You can also use a large pumpkin for the soup and use it as a "terrine" either.