|1 splashes splash||Olive Oil Olive Oil|
|1 pieces piece||Onions Onion|
|2 cloves clove||Garlic Garlic|
|1 pieces piece||Dried Red Chilli Pepper Dried Red Chilli Pepper|
|1 tins tin||Chopped Tomatoes Chopped Tomatoes|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Sugar Sugar|
|1 pinches pinch||Salt Salt|
|200 g g||Spaghetti Spaghetti|
|2 pieces piece||Basil Leaves Basil Leaf|
|1 handfuls handful||Parmesan Parmesan|
|8 pieces piece||Meatballs Meatball|
Meatballs and Spaghetti
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large non-stick frying pan. Fry off the meatballs in the pan until browned and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Discard any excess oil or fat leftover from cooking the meatballs. Use the same pan to make your pasta sauce. Over a medium heat, gently fry the onions for ten minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and the red chilli and continue to cook for a further three minutes.
- Add the tin of tomatoes to the pan and mix well. Add the sugar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and bring to the boil, allowing to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the meatballs back to the sauce and simmer for a further 10 minutes, or until the meatballs are heated through.
- Meanwhile, cook your spaghetti according to the packet's instructions.
- Mix your cooked spaghetti with your meatballs and tomato sauce. Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and some fresh basil on top.