|110 g g||Malt Wheaties Malt Wheaties|
|215 g g||Flour Flour|
|70 g g||Soft Brown Sugar Soft Brown Sugar|
|190 g g||Butter Butter|
|cubed and chilled|
|1 pieces piece||Egg Yolks Egg Yolk|
|0 tsp tsp||Bicarbonate of Soda Bicarbonate of Soda|
|350 g g||Apricot Conserves Apricot Conserve|
|175 g g||Frozen Raspberry Frozen Raspberry|
Raspberry and apricot Malt Wheatie bars
These sticky Malt Wheatie bars are what lunchbox dreams are made of. With layers of chewy biscuit, apricot jam, fresh berries and a golden crumble topping, they make the perfect mid-morning pick me up.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170ºC fan/gas mark 5. Line a 22cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Add 70g Malt Wheaties to a food processor and blitz until fine. Add the flour, brown sugar and butter and blitz until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Weigh out 125g of the crumb mixture into a dish and stir in the remaining 40g whole Wheaties. Set this to one side - this is your topping.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and egg to the remaining mix in the processor and blitz again until the mixture comes together to form a smooth dough. Tip into the prepared tin and press into an even layer, then bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 10 minutes before spreading with apricot conserve, scattering over the raspberries and, finally, the Wheatie topping.
- Bake for a final 15-20 minutes until golden. Cool completely in the tin before cutting into bars.