|150 ml ml||Cream Cream|
|1 dash dash||Pepper Pepper|
|peeled and halved|
|1 dash dash||Salt Salt|
|1||Vegetable Stock Vegetable Stock|
|washed and shredded|
|300 g g||Peas Pea|
|4||Spring Onions Spring Onion|
|1 packet packet||Trout Trout|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Mustard Mustard|
Grilled Trout with Braised Peas and Mustard Mash
Preparation time: 0:15
With its grilled fresh fish & crisp vibrant greens, this dish is bursting with goodness.Serve with mash or plain boiled potatoes... and for a bit of extra indulgence, a spoonful of sour cream on the side.
- Preheat your grill and set the potatoes on to boil.
- Brush a tray with a little olive oil. Add the trout fillets, skin side down, then season with salt & pepper. Drizzle with a little olive oil and grill for around 8 minutes, or until cooked through. Flake gently with a fork.
- Meanwhile, bring the water and stock cube to the boil and add the peas. Put a lid on the pot bring back to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the spring onions, lettuce & 1 tbsp of the butter and cook rapidly for no more than 1 minute.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the butter with the milk in a small saucepan. Mash the potatoes then add the warm milk and mustard and beat well. Add the remainder of the butter just before serving.
- Transfer the braised peas & lettuce to a warm dish and top with the flaked trout. Serve with the mustard mash.