|80 g g||Butter Butter|
|45 g g|| Peanut Butter
|100 g g||Flour Flour|
|35 g g|| Cornflakes
(plus extra to decorate)
|tsp tsp||Bicarbonate of Soda Bicarbonate of Soda|
|110 g g||Soft Brown Sugar Soft Brown Sugar|
|1 pieces piece||Eggs Egg|
|80 g g||Strawberry Jam Strawberry Jam|
Peanut butter and strawberry jam cornflake cookies
Enjoy this classic American flavour combination in cookie form! They have a base of brown butter for extra colour and flavour, with a jewel-like jammy centre. Best served warm with a glass of milk on the side.
- Melt the butter in a small pan set over a low heat. Increase the heat and gentle simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter.
- Combine the flour, cornflakes and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
- Fold the sugar into the butter mixture and beat in the egg. Stir in the flour mix until combined, then set the cookie dough aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a flat plate with parchment paper and spoon on 10 separate drops of jam. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170ºC fan/gas mark 5. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Portion out 10 equal balls of cookie dough and divide among the prepared trays, leaving space between each.
- Make a deep thumbprint in the centre of each ball (but do not press down: the dough will flatten when cooking). Place a chilled jam circle in the centre of each and bake for 7-10 minutes until light and golden.
- Cool completely on the trays and scatter with crumbled cornflakes before serving.