|500 g g||Brussels Sprout Brussels Sprout|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Mustard Mustard|
|100 g g||Cheddar Cheddar|
|450 ml ml||Milk Milk|
|40 g g||Butter Butter|
|2 tbsp tbsp||Cream Cream|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Flour Flour|
|1 handfuls handful||Thyme Thyme|
|1 handfuls handful||Almonds Almond|
|1 pinches pinch||Salt Salt|
Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- Preheat your oven to 180°c.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick saucepan, add flour, mustard & thyme and stir well until a thick paste forms, add milk gradually, stirring thoroughly then add the cream.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, cook for 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the flour has cooked, add the majority of the cheese.
- Simmer the sprouts for 8 minutes then drain & blanch by putting into cold water.
- When cooled add the sprouts to the cheesy sauce, stir well & transfer in to a baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese, breadcrumbs & almonds and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden.
Ideal option for the vegetarians at your table!