|15 g g||Butter Butter|
|15 g g||Flour Flour|
|200 ml ml||Milk Milk|
|2 tbsp tbsp||Cheddar Cheddar|
|150 g g||Cauliflowers Cauliflower|
|50 g g||Broccolis Broccoli|
Broccoli & Cauliflower Cheese Purée
- Firstly make the cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Using a wooden spoon, add the flour and stir for 2 minutes to allow the flour to cook a little, but be careful that it doesn’t burn.
- Turn up the heat and slowly whisk in the warmed milk, using a hand whisk. Stirring constantly, bring to the boil then immediately turn down the heat and simmer for a minute. Take from the heat and stir in the cheese. Cover with a lid to keep warm.
- Steam the cauliflower and broccoli florets for about 10 minutes, until soft.
- Add the cooked vegetables with the cheese sauce to a blender and purée until smooth.
- Spinach would also work nicely in place of the broccoli in this recipe.