|225 g g||Beef Mince Beef Mince|
|1 tsp tsp|| Garlic
|1 tsp tsp|| Ginger
(minced) (hint: I use ginger & garlic paste in a jar)
|2 large large|| Carrots
|2 handfuls handful|| Brussels Sprout
|1 cups cup||Corn Corn|
|200 g g||Rice Noodles Rice Noodles|
|1 head head|| Lettuce
(separated into leaves and washed)
Beef Lettuce Cups
By Caitríona Redmond
1. Take a large heavy bottomed frying pan or wok andheat it on a high heat (no oil).
2. Once the pan is smoking, add the beef mince andflatten it down on the pan. Don’t stir it too much. Thekey here is to let the beef mince stick in chunks, andnot turn into fine gritty pieces.
3. Once the beef starts to turn a dark brown colour, turnit over in the pan. Toss the mince around until it is darkbrown all over.
4. Remove from the frying pan and leave to drain on apiece of kitchen paper.
5. Chop the carrots into batons and cut the sprouts intoquarters.
6. Boil a kettle of water and put the rice noodles intoa large, heatproof bowl. Pour the hot water over thenoodles and set to one side.
7. Return the pan or wok to the heat and add the oil.Once it starts to heat through, spoon the mincedgarlic and ginger into the oil, be careful it will spit inthe hot oil, and then the sprouts and carrots.
8. Toss in the oil for about 3 minutes. Using a tongs, liftthe soaked noodles from the hot water. Don’t worryabout straining them as you’ll use the excess water forthe rest of the cooking process in the frying pan.
9. Add the noodles to the frying pan and then thesweetcorn.
10. Cook for a further 5 minutes, season to taste, andthen serve inside of the lettuce leaves.