|500 g g|| Asparagus
(green & white)
|1 bunch bunch||Basil Leaves Basil Leaf|
|1 tbsp tbsp||White vinegar White vinegar|
|2||Egg Yolks Egg Yolk|
|80 ml ml|| White Wine
Asparagus with poached eggs and basil
- Wash basil, shake dry, dab leaflets and finely puree.
- Wash asparagus. Cut off woody ends.
- Place white asparagus in boiling salted water for 15 minutes. Add green asparagus for the last 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile for the poached eggs water add vinegar and some salt in a wide pot and boil up.
- Reduce heat so that the water does not boil bubbling.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Beat eggs individually, let them slip into the boiling vinegar water and poach for 4-5 min.
- Whisk the egg yolk in a bowl.
- Place over a hot, non-boiling water bath, add wine and stir for 5-6 min.
- Add the liquid butter slowly whilst stirring.
- Remove from the water bath, mix the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain poached eggs and asparagus and serve with basil sabayon. Potato croquettes or crispy baguettes.
Tip: The Sabayon can be prepared with the Monsieur Cuisine kitchen machine.