Cooks notes: if you aren’t a massive spice fan, leave the chilli powder out of this.
Equipment: deep sided roasting tray
1. Heat a heavy based deep sided casserole pot over a medium heat. Add the pork, fat side down and allow the fat to render and turn golden. Turn and cook for another minute.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to this, bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 3 hours over a low heat until the pork is tender.
3. When it is almost cooked, roughly chop half the coriander and toss together with the rest of the salsa ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
4. Once tender, transfer the pork to a plate and increase the heat.
5. Simmer vigorously for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has reduced. Using two forks remove the fat and discard, shred the meat. Return to the pan and toss in the reduced sauce. Season to taste.
6. Preheat a grill to high. Arrange the tortilla chips on a roasting tray, top with the shredded pork, scatter with cheese and place until the grill for a minute or two until melted, golden and bubbling. Top with the salsa, avocado, sour cream and remaining coriander. Serve immediately.