Pan Fried Seabass
Preparation time: 5 Min.
Seabass is a treasured fish, but smallish fillets need surprisingly little cooking...
- Trim your fillets well and remove the centre bones (pinions). also make sure there are no scales left on the skin as these will not be pleasant if left on.
- You can do this by scraping the skin from tail to top with the blunt end of a knife.
- Turn in seasoned flour, taking care to pat off any excess as it will burn easily then fry in olive oil over a medium high heat skin side down for 2 minutes then turn the fish skin side up and continue to fry for 1 minute.
- Add a little lemon juice and serve.
- Alternatively you could drizzle the Seabass with a little olive oil, season and grill under a preheated grill , skin side up for 4 minutes without turning .
- Serve this with some green beans and boiled potatoes and this simple lemon butter sauce.
Lemon butter sauce
- Bring the lemon and sugar to a gentle boil in a small pot and whisk in the butter bit by bit.
- When made keep in a warm place and do not boil again or it will split.